The Garden will be buzzing with activities from 10am on Sunday 26 May to celebrate the Botanic Gardens Day.
There's a range of free activities throughout the day including behind the scene tours, hands-on gardening workshops and a garden play.
- Behind the Scenes Tours* from the Towri Centre: 10.30am & 12.30pm
- Habitat Gardening Tours* from the Towri Centre: 11am & 1pm
- Garden Discovery Buggy / Walking Tours from the Duck Pond: 10am, 11am, 12pm & 1pm (times may vary slightly)
* Pre-bookings available on Eventbrite until 7am on Sunday 26 May. Pre-bookings not essential. Remaining spots on the tour can be filled on the day by visiting the Information Tent located near the Garden's main entrance (near the coffee van and playground).
Workshops & Play on the Discovery Centre Lawn
- Kids Seed Planting Workshop: 10am to 11.30am
- Composting Workshop: 10am to 11.30am
- No More Dodos Play: 11.30am to 12.30pm
- Insect Hotel Making Workshop: 12.30pm to 2pm
- No Dig Gardening Workshop: 12.30pm to 2pm
Stalls, Food & Music
- Native Plant Sale: 10am to 2pm on the Fig Lawn
- Botanic Art Display & Stall: 10am to 2pm on the Fig Lawn
- BBQ & Coffees available throughout the event
- Lunchtime Band: 11am to 1pm on the Fig Lawn.
Voices from the Wollongong Conservatorium Music will be signing up a storm from 11am to 1pm. The musical mix includes a community choir, The Concords; a close harmony group call The Hummingbirds, and the Youth Chorus which is composed of a number of younger signers. Solo performances from some of thier students and the head of vocals will also take place in between the choirs.
More than 70 botanic gardens from Australia & New Zealand will be participating in this national event that will highlight the significant work undertaken at botanic gardens to ensure plants survive into the future.
We hope you'll be able to join us at the Garden on Sunday 26 May, and who knows, you may find your inner botanist.