The Economic Development team at Wollongong City Council is dedicated to promoting Wollongong as open for business. Through supporting business expansion and attracting investment, the team looks to support sustainable economic growth for the Wollongong economy.
As the first point of contact for businesses looking to establish, grow or re-locate to Wollongong, the Economic Development team can provide assistance across a number of areas:
- General business and investment enquiries.
- Location selection support for both land and buildings.
- Economic impact modelling for business development and investment.
- Support with application processes.
- Provide advice on government regulation; policies; funding and business support services.
- Facilitate links to education facilities to help support training; recruitment and access to research opportunities.
EXPRESSION OF INTEREST
Destination Wollongong Board: Wollongong City Council Appointed Independent Director
Wollongong City Council is seeking a Council Appointed Independent Director to join the Destination Wollongong Board. The purpose of Destination Wollongong is to contribute to the sustainable growth of a diverse and vibrant economy, including through:
- growing Wollongong and the regions visitor economy;
- promoting and marketing Wollongong and the region; and
- supporting the attraction of new investment and business into Wollongong and the region.
Applications are invited from members of the community, independent of Wollongong City Council who can demonstrate they successfully meet the Selection Criteria [PDF 250KB]. The term of the appointment will be for a two year period.
For further information, please contact Kerry Hunt, Manager Community Cultural and Economic Development on 4227 7111. Applications close 5pm Friday 25 May 2018.