The Committee has an important role in the governance framework of Council. Its focus is to provide independent assistance and oversight to Council by monitoring, reviewing and providing advice about the following aspects of Council’s operations:
- risk management activities and control frameworks
- fraud control prevention strategies and activities
- Internal audit
- governance processes
- implementation of the strategic plan, delivery program and strategies
- service reviews
- collection of performance measurement data
- external accountability obligations
- any other matter prescribed by the regulations.
The Committee has five members comprising three independent members, one of whom is the Chairperson, and two Councillors.
- Mr Terry Clout, Chairperson (Independent)
- Ms Catherine Hudson (Independent)
- Mr Stephen Horne (Independent)
- Councillor John Dorahy
- Councillor Mithra Cox