Driveway Crossings
Skip Ribbon Commands
Skip to main content
Navigate Up
Sign In

All council websites and online services will be unavailable from 5:30pm today for essential maintenance

Driveway Crossings

Print this Page
Driveway Crossings
Roads, Footpaths & Drains
Click here to Request an Online Service 
For information to assist you lodge a Driveway Crossing application, please view the FAQ's and Forms below or lodge an application by visiting the Apply for It page.

Frequently Asked Questions

Do I need Council approval to put in a new driveway and what is the process?
Yes. Any new driveway being constructed between the property boundary and the kerb needs Council approval.
The driveway has to be constructed by a qualified contractor that meets Council's requirements.
See Council's Application Form: Consent For Construction of Vehicular and Special Crossings. Page 2 provides information on the Qualifications Required to Construct Vehicular and Special Crossings on Public Roads and Road Reserves and Page 3 provides Driveway Application guidelines.
Any contractor can construct the driveway providing they hold the appropriate qualifications. The owner or contractor can submit the application to Council for the work by completing the above form. We will require copies of the contractors details and qualifications if we haven't already received them. On receipt of the application, an officer will inspect the site and if permission is granted, a permit will be sent to the applicant.
No work is to commence outside of the property boundary until a permit is received.
On receipt of the permit, the contractor can commence excavation and formwork of the driveway. A Council officer will need to inspect the formwork before any concrete or pavers are laid. 24 hours notice is required for this inspection. Once the concrete or pavers are laid, a Council officer will do a final inspection of the completed driveway. This is to ensure there is a non-slip finish on the driveway and the area has been backfilled and left to Council's satisfaction.


Please visit the Building & Development page for more information.

Page last updated: