Public art enhances the unique identity and contemporary image of Wollongong by:
- expressing local identity and distinctiveness
- improving and animating public space
- enhancing the local economy
- developing community spirit and pride.
We coordinate and project manage public art across the city and provide advice to businesses and organisations interested in implementing public art projects. We can provide:
- a register of artists
- advice on processes for employing artists and drafting contracts
- a public art guide to promote our local collection
- a register of outdoor cultural material with detailed information on each artwork in the city.
Our Public Art Strategy 2016-2021 provides a clear vision and strategy to ensure public art projects across our city provide maximum community benefit.
You can read the overview or full versions of the strategy below:
Wollongong’s Public Art Collection provides an insight into our city’s vibrant social life, history, and environments. The collection showcases exciting and innovative artworks created by contemporary local and national artists, and offers an exciting way to discover our innovative city.
Explore Wollongong's collection on our mobile-friendly Public Art website.
Town Hall Laneway Art Panel Renewal Project
For information on the Art Panel Renewal Project read through the Artist's Brief.