Council works closely with residents, groups and organisations on a range of projects and initiatives that help to build safe, connected, informed and resourceful communities.
The skills and knowledge of our community are a valuable asset that help us work towards our community goals and aspirations.
Our teams' roles include:
- Providing information on services and programs
- Supporting the development of social enterprise (in other words, focusing on human and environmental wellbeing)
- Organising forums and groups to address specific issues, such as employment for refugees, access for people with disabilities, etc.
- Joint planning and support of events and activities such as NAIDOC Week, Seniors Festival and International Day of People With Disability
- Supporting a range of advisory groups that provide advice to Council on numerous issues, such as the Access Reference Group, Multicultural Reference Group, etc.
- Working with police, businesses and residents to increase safety in the city through community projects, education, crime prevention and urban design.
To learn more about specific community programs and initiatives, please click below.
Current and Recent Projects