Council became a member of the Global Covenant of Mayors (GCoM) in 2017. We are committed to a series of activities to achieve a resilient and low-emission society.
Under the GCoM, there are a number of requirements we have to meet. So far, we have:
- Completed an emissions inventory for the Wollongong LGA
- Adopted science-based Emissions Reduction Targets
- Prepared our first Climate Change Mitigation Plan
- Undertaken the Risk Assessment phase of our Climate Change Adaptation Plan.
For more information, visit our GCoM profile.
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Our Environment
- UCI Bike City
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City