Small Cultural Grants
Category 1: Community Cultural Development Projects
Community Cultural Development (CCD) is a broad term covering a wide range of activities and art forms that give communities working with artists the opportunity to tell their stories, build their creative skills, and be active participants in the development of their culture.
This category supports local arts-based Community Cultural Development projects and events created by individual artists and communities in the City of Wollongong.
Applicants can request up to $4000.
Information you will need to include in your application
Describe how your project will:
- Demonstrate a strong cultural development aspect that involves and benefits the broader community through participation in the process and activity.
- Reflect and enhance Wollongong's sense of place and local identity
- Attract broad or new audiences by promoting greater community awareness of, and participation in, cultural activities
- Use an innovative and creative approach to the art form or activity proposed
- Be completed by the end of the financial year in which funding is provided
- Be achievable within your budget
- Meet the desirable criteria of linking to the Viva la Gong festival, for example as an art-based activity or community performance.
Your application must include the following support material:
- A letter of support and/or a tentative booking form from the venue manager, if your proposed activity will use a venue
- Letter/s of support from your proposed partner or community group
- A two-page CV for the project artist or project leader
- If your project involves a mural, provide written permission from the building owner to install a mural
- Quotes for major expenditure items, including goods and services
- Evidence of your organisation's cultural activities in the Wollongong City Council area within the last three years.
Please also include the following optional support material if you have it:
- Evidence of any other funding or in-kind support for your project. This could include support from partners, or philanthropic, corporate or government support.
- A copy of your Certificate of Currency if applicable
- Up to four other supporting items, such as:
- Photographs (no more than three)
- A copy of your Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Relevant web links
- Social media links.
When you're ready to apply, see the How to Apply section of our Small Grants page.
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details