Small Cultural Grants
Category 1: Community Cultural Development Projects
Community Cultural Development (CCD) is a broad term covering a wide range of activities and art forms that give communities working with artists the opportunity to tell their stories, build their creative skills, and be active participants in the development of their culture.
This category supports local arts-based Community Cultural Development projects and events created by individual artists and communities in the City of Wollongong.
Applicants can request up to $4000.
Information you will need to include in your application
Describe how your project will:
- Demonstrate a strong cultural development aspect that involves and benefits the broader community through participation in the process and activity.
- Reflect and enhance Wollongong's sense of place and local identity
- Attract broad or new audiences by promoting greater community awareness of, and participation in, cultural activities
- Use an innovative and creative approach to the art form or activity proposed
- Be completed by 30 June 2023
- Be achievable within your budget.
Your application must include the following support material:
- A budget showing expenditure and income achievable by 30 June 2023. You can use our Grants Budget Template XLSX, 18.91 KB.
- A letter of support and / or tentative booking from the venue manager (where a venue is being proposed)
- Letter/s of support from proposed partner or community group
- A two-page Curriculum Vitae for the project artist or project leader
- For a mural, written permission must be provided from the building owner to install a mural on a building
- Quotes for major expenditure items (goods or services)
- Evidence of your organisation’s cultural activities in the Wollongong LGA.
- An alternative COVID-19 safe plan if needed.
Please also include the following optional support material if you have it:
- Evidence of any other funding or in-kind support for your project. This could include support from partners, or philanthropic, corporate or government support.
- A copy of your Certificate of Currency if applicable
- Up to four other supporting items, such as:
- Photographs (no more than three)
- A copy of your Public Liability Insurance Certificate
- Relevant web links
- Social media links.
When you're ready to apply, see the How to Apply section of our Small Grants page.
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Connecting Neighbours - Verge Garden Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details