Interpreter Service COVID-19 Safety Guidelines
We’ve developed this safety guide to keep you and other people safe while using our interpreter service.
- Tell the Interpreter Service if you or any participant has flu or COVID-19 symptoms before, during or soon after the interpreter session.
- Always maintain physical distancing (at least 1.5 metres).
- Avoid hand shaking or touching.
- Follow good hygiene practices. Wash your hands with soap and water or use hand sanitiser before and after each session.
- Follow relevant Public Health Order requirements regarding wearing face masks.
- Practice good cough and sneeze hygiene. Cover coughs and sneezes with a tissue or use your inner elbow.
- You have the right to remove yourself from a session if you are concerned about your safety.
- Use your own pen to complete/sign your own “Engagement of Services’ form and email it to the Interpreter Service.
- Make sure the venue or building where the session is being held has a COVID-19 Safety Plan.
- Make sure that the agency representative and client have not recently returned from overseas, ‘hotspot’ postcodes, or been in close contact with someone who has been diagnosed with COVID-19, or is waiting on results from COVID-19 testing.
- Ensure the room allows for the required amount of physical distancing (4 square metres per person).
- Inform the Interpreter Service if a client is in the vulnerable / high risk group.
- Provide hand sanitiser and sanitise frequently-touched surfaces before each assignment.
- You can refuse an assignment if you are concerned about your safety.
- You can remove yourself from the session if someone displays COVID-19 and/or flu symptoms (fever, cough, sore throat).
It is a requirement that everyone (interpreter, booking agencies, agency representatives and clients) adheres to government safety recommendations regarding COVID-19. For the latest COVID-19 advice and information visit the NSW Health website.
You can also find links to COVID-19 information in community languages on our COVID-19 Multilingual Information page.
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Connecting Neighbours - Verge Garden Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details