Language Support Worker Position: Duties and Responsibilities
Below are the duties and responsibilities for people employed by Wollongong City Council's Language Support Service.
- Provide face-to-face language support on a casual basis.
- Comply with Wollongong City Council's Code of Conduct PDF, 614.07 KB.
- Adhere to the AUSIT Code of Ethics for Interpreters.
- Complete documentation, in accordance with Interpreter Service policy and procedures.
- Attend relevant training as required.
- Maintain accurate records, including timesheets, as required.
To be eligible applicants must:
- Have a NAATI Certificate of Recognition (desirable)
- Have a minimum standard of English qualification (essential): English for Academic Purposes (EAP) or English for Further Study or university entrance qualifications such as IELTS of TOEFL.
- Demonstrate knowledge of the AUSIT Code of Ethics for Interpreters.
- Demonstrate experience in providing face-to-face interpreting.
- Demonstrate a high level of proficiency in at least two languages.
Ideally you should also have your own transport, a mobile phone and email address.
How to apply
We accept applications at any time from people interested in joining our team of language support workers.
If you meet the requirements described above, please fill in our application form below to express your interest.