If you want to take photographs or video footage for commercial purposes in the Botanic Garden, you will need to apply to Wollongong City Council for a permit.
Applications should be submitted at least 10 working days before your proposed shoot date.
Personal and family photo shoots with a professional photographer do not require a permit, payment or booking.
We welcome bridal parties to take photos in the Garden at any time during opening hours.
No bookings are needed, and there is no cost involved.
However, we do ask that you don't disrupt other visitors to the Garden, and that you follow our rules for filming and photography, which can be found on this page.
Drones are not permitted within Wollongong Botanic Garden.
The Garden is within an area identified by the Civil Aviation Safety Authority (CASA) as a no-fly zone for drones. For details, please visit CASA's website.
- Do not disturb or climb on or into any trees, shrubs or garden beds in the Botanic Garden.
- Decorations or other items cannot be attached to trees, plants or other structures in the Botanic Garden.
- Any props (including plant matter such as flower petals) need to be removed after the photo shoot.
- Do not use flash photography near any of our wildlife as it may distress them.
- Make sure your photography or filming doesn’t disrupt any other Garden visitors, including wedding ceremonies or other events being held in the Garden.