We’re inviting all people of the Illawarra to submit your happy photo snaps and share with us what brings you joy!
This Christmas we're planning to fill the outdoor exhibition blocks in Crown Street Mall (pictured above) with as many photos of your happy faces as possible for The Joyful Project.
Selected photos will be on display over the 2021-2022 summer period.
Each photo needs to show joy. Your photo can be of anything you find joyful, including:
- People - for example, close-ups of you and your family with smiling faces, or pulling funny faces
- Things - like a guitar, a plant, a nice piece of ceramic art, a good book, your pet, an article of clothing or your favourite food
- Activities - such as jumping on the trampoline, a family celebration, or dancing in your kitchen!
We've extended the deadline for entries to midnight, Monday 4 October 2021!
How to enter
- Pick a photo from your camera roll, or take a new photo of what brings you joy! If you're using a phone camera, make sure it's set to the highest image quality. Your photo can be up to 20 MB file size.
- Write a short message (up to 280 characters) that explains what brings you joy during tough times. Think about when you feel happiest, or how you can bring joy to others.
Try to follow the format: "(Activity) at (location) brings me great joy!"
- Read the project Terms and Conditions
- Use the button below, go to the online form. Fill in your details, upload your photo and your message of joy!
For more information about this competition, email Council's Cultural Development team or call (02) 4227 7111.
A stay at home order currently applies to the Wollongong area. So this project is perfect for you to capture some of the happy times you are experiencing right now at home or at your favourite local exercise destination!
Please follow the latest NSW Health rules when you are taking your photos.
Sport and Recreation
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- The Joyful Project
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks