The Joyful Project Terms and Conditions
The Promoter of this exhibition is Wollongong City Council (‘Council’)
Who can enter
- To enter, you must live in the Wollongong Local Government Area.
- If you are under 18 years of age, you will need parental / guardian approval to participate. Your parent / guardian must read and consent to these Terms and Conditions.
How to enter
- Your entry will consist of:
- a photographic image of yourself or others (as a digital image); and
- your describing statement of what really specific kinds of things you do that bring you joy eg Sitting at Sandon Boatshed and watching the sun rise; walking the Blue Mile in the morning and seeing the sunrise listening to 90s tunes; bushwalking in the escarpment with dogs and children
- your statement must be no more than 280 characters.
- You may submit up to four entries. Each entry must comply with the following requirements:
- it must be your own work;
- the digital image must meet the following minimum specifications:
- If you're using a phone camera, make sure it's set to the highest image quality.
- Up to 20 MB file size.
- Entries can be submitted between 5pm (AEST) on 19 August and midnight (AEST) on 4 October 2021 (‘Submission Period’). Any entry received after the expiry of the Submission Period will be deemed invalid. No responsibility is accepted for late, lost, delayed or misdirected entries.
- You must submit your entry online, via the link on Council’s website. Any entries not registered and submitted through the online form will be deemed invalid.
- Council reserves the right to verify your details (including your age and identity) and to disqualify you if you are not eligible to submit an entry. Even if Council does not immediately enforce these conditions, it reserves its right to do so at any time.
- If your details change, you are responsible for notifying Council. A request to access or modify any information provided in an entry should be directed to email@example.com
- There is no cost to enter The Joyful Project, however internet connection and usage rates may apply. Council is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- Images will be selected by a panel made up of staff from Wollongong City Council (‘the Panel’).
- The panel will select successful entries after Monday 4 October 2021 at Council’s Administration Building located at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong NSW 2500.
- The successful entries will be selected from all valid entries (that is, entries that comply with these terms and conditions and any applicable technical requirements).
- Council will notify the successful entrants by e-mail and / or telephone by 5.00pm on 12 October 2021 (‘the Notification’).
- Council’s decision in relation to any aspect of The Joyful Project is final and binding, and no correspondence will be entered into.
- The Panel will choose up to 300 entries to be exhibited on large 2.4m high by 1.2 m wide blocks.
- A selection of other entries will be chosen to form part of smaller sized photo panels.
- Not all entries will be exhibited.
- If your entry is chosen for the exhibit, you will have no interest in, or rights over, the exhibited image.
- Upon submission, your entry becomes the property of Council. Your entry will not be returned to you.
- Council may cancel or vary The Joyful Project at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss or costs you may incur in relation to such cancellation or variation.
- You warrant that:
- you are the owner of the copyright in your entry and the submission of your entry does not give rise to any infringement, or unauthorised use, of any third party intellectual property rights.
- [if your entry is a portrait of another person]: you had the permission of that person (or, if the subject is under 18 years, the permission of that persons’ parent or guardian) to take the photograph and to submit the photograph as your entry;
You agree to indemnify Council against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty.
- By submitting an entry, you release Council from, and indemnify Council against, all liability for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with The Joyful Project, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- You grant Council a non-exclusive licence to exercise all intellectual property rights in perpetuity for non-commercial purposes in your entry and all other material provided by you to Council pursuant to The Joyful Project. This means that Council will be able to use and reproduce your entry for its own purposes, including editing and adapting your entry as required. You accept that, to the extent allowable under the law, Council has no liability to you for how a third party elects to use your entry, and as such it may be permanently stored, reproduced, copied, distributed or the like, without recourse or remedy against Council.
Privacy Protection Notice
- Purpose of collection: Council will collect the personal information of individuals who submit an entry in order to be able to contact the owners of the images to be exhibited
- Intended recipients: Council staff.
- Supply: While the supply of personal information is voluntary, the information provided will enable your participation in the Exhibition.
- Access / Correction: Your personal information may be accessed by you and Council. A request to access, update or correct any information should be directed to Wollongong City Council.
- Storage: The personal information collected will be stored by Council for the purposes indicated above. However, any personal information may be disclosed as required by law.
- Sport and Recreation
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- The Joyful Project
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks