We're inviting people aged 12 - 24 years to enter an artwork competition that celebrates trees and the benefits of shady streets.
First prize is a $200 Wollongong Central gift card, and there's also a $50 gift card for the runner-up!
How to enter
- Read the Terms and Conditions below.
- Get creative. Your artwork can be a painting, collage, photograph, video or anything else, as long as you can get it to us by email or post.
- Send your artwork to us by Friday 11 December 2020. You can email your entry (attachments must be no larger than 10MB) or post it to the mailing address in the footer of this page, marked "Attention Youth Services".
- Make sure your entry includes your name, email, phone number, and the title of your artwork. If you're under 18 years old, please include your parent or guardian's name and phone number.
If you have a question, please email our Youth Services team or call us on (02) 4227 8222.
Terms and conditions
- The following terms and conditions (the “Terms and Conditions”) apply for Trees For The Future Artwork Competition (the “Competition”). By submitting an entry to Wollongong City Council (“Council”), you agree to be bound by the Terms and Conditions.
- In the event of any dispute regarding the Terms and Conditions and all matters relating to the Competition, the decision of Council will be final.
- Employees (or members of the families or households of employees) of Council are not eligible to enter the Competition.
- The Competition is open to young people aged 12-24. If you are under 18, you warrant that you have obtained the consent of your parent or legal guardian to enter the Competition subject to the Terms and Conditions.
- Council reserves the right to disqualify you where it has grounds to believe that you have breached the Terms and Conditions.
- You may enter the Competition as many times as you like.
- Entries may be submitted from 20 October to 11 December 2020
- Entries must be submitted by:
- email to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the subject line “Trees for the Future”, or
- post to: Wollongong City Council (Att: Youth Services), Locked Bag 8821, Wollongong DC NSW 2500.
- Your entry becomes the property of Council and will not be returned to you.
- Council does not accept any responsibility for any lost, damaged or delayed entries from any cause.
- Council may cancel or vary the Competition, or these Terms and Conditions, at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss or costs you may incur in relation to such cancellation or variation.
- The prize winners will be determined by a three-person panel made up of Council staff from Council’s Youth Services, Engagement and Open Spaces & Environment Services teams. The entries will be judged on skill, creativity, originality and sense of place. If you are selected as a prize winner, you must consent to your artwork being used as part of Wollongong City Council promotions. You may also be requested by Council to become involved in further publicity related to the Competition.
- The prizes will consist of the following:
- 1st prize: $200.00 Wollongong Central gift card
- Runner-up: $50.00 Wollongong Central gift card
- Total prize package $250.00.
- Prize values are not transferable or exchangeable and cannot be taken as cash.
- All winner(s) will be notified by telephone and / or email.
- You retain copyright in your entry and grant Council a non-exclusive licence to reproduce your entry on council signage, properties and vehicles, on council-run websites and any other media.
- You consent to the publication of your name in connection with the Competition and your entry.
- You warrant that your entry is your original work and that it is not in breach of any third party intellectual property rights, privacy or any other rights of any third party. You agree to indemnify Council for any loss resulting from a breach of this warranty and release Council from any liability for any damage or loss by you entering the Competition or accepting any prize.
- Your personal information will be managed in accordance with the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998. You may request access to any of your personal information held by Council.
- Personal information can be used for other purposes permitted by the Local Government Act 1993 and regulations made by or under that Act, and, if necessary, may be disclosed to other public sector bodies, agents or contractors, in accordance with Council’s Privacy Management Plan Policy.
More love for trees....
- Trees are cool (literally); streets with shady trees can be between 5-20°C cooler in summer!
- Trees can also reduce pollution, attract investment, and make us healthier, happier and more productive.
- Council has an Urban Greening program to encourage people to plant more trees across our city. Feel free to join in!
- We're running a campaign to get more trees planted in the Dapto area. Visit the Our Wollongong website to take part.
- Even if you don't live in the Dapto area, you can ask us to plant trees on your street any time! See the Urban Greening page for details.
Sport and Recreation
- Walking and Cycling
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
- Art and Culture
- City Centre
- Tourist Parks