When you’re playing at The Vale, you need to follow the rules of golf and the local rules below.
- Out of bounds
- Areas beyond the course boundary fences and protective mesh fence next to the 10th tee.
- Areas beyond any line of white stakes with black tops
- Ground under repair
- Areas defined by white stakes or lines
- Garden beds next to the Pro Shop, 11th, 12th and 13th tees. All other garden beds are part of the course.
- All new work under construction
- Deep wheel ruts on the fairways.
- Roads and pathways
- All roads and pathways are part of the course except those made of concrete or asphalt (rule 24-2).
- Staked and ornamental trees
- If a staked or tagged tree or shrub interferes with players’ stand or intended swing, the ball must be dropped at the nearest point of relief in accordance with rule 24-2b(i)
- On-course building and mesh wire safety fences
- All buildings, including the Pro Shop and club house, and wire mesh safety fences are immoveable obstructions, except for the mesh fence next to the 10th tee. Relief is available as described in rule 24-2b.
- Sprinkler heads
- If an immoveable obstruction is on or within two club lengths of the putting green, the player may take relief as follows. The ball must be lifted to the nearest point where the ball lay that (a) is not nearer the hole, (b) avoids intervention, and (c) is not a hazard. The ball may be cleaned when lifted. See Appendix 1 page 128 of the rule book.
- General information
All course indicator signs, distance markers and stakes or pegs on the course are immoveable obstructions, except those marking out of bounds. Relief as described in rule 24b
- All players to carry and use a sand bucket
- Please repair pitch marks on the green
- Keep up with the group in front
- Call through immediately if your ball is lost
- The lowest marker is responsible for the observance of the rules and etiquette of golf. Etiquette notes as per original score card.
- All motorised golf carts are to stay a minimum three metres from the greens, and are not to be driven on tees at any time
- Alcohol is not permitted to be consumed on the golf course
- Smoking is not permitted within 10 metres of any buildings or where staff may be working.
Penalty for breach of rules
Match play: loss of hole
Stroke play: two stroke penalty.
Sport and Recreation
- Walking and Cycling
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
- Art and Culture
- City Centre
- Tourist Parks