Welcome back! After an extended break, we'll be starting a staged reopening, with measures in place to help you get back in action while staying safe and healthy.
Stage 1: starts Wednesday 17 June 2020
Our gym, pool and athletics track will be open.
Stage 2: starts Monday 22 June 2020
Group exercise sessions will resume, with limited numbers on classes. See the timetable below, and the bookings section of this page for more details.
Childminding will also be available with limited numbers.
Stage 3: starts Saturday 4 July 2020
Learn to swim will be back, with a school holiday program. We'll post more details soon.
Download our group exercise class timetable below.
Remember, bookings are essential the day before each class. Make sure you also read the information on this page for booking instructions, and important health and safety info.
Note: as restrictions ease, or conditions change, we will review and update our program.
To keep all of our members and staff safe we ask that you do NOT attend our centres if:
- You are required to be in self-isolation / self-quarantine
- You've been diagnosed with COVID-19, or are currently waiting on COVID-19 test results
- You have been in close contact with anyone who is suspected or confirmed as having COVID-19 in the past 14 days
- You are feeling unwell, or have had a fever, cough, sore throat, shortness of breath or other cold / flu-like symptoms in the last 72 hours.
Please follow all signage throughout our centres. This includes sanitising your hands on entry, bringing your own personal equipment, always using a towel, maintaining social distancing, and following the instructions of our staff.
By doing this you will help us keep everyone safe and allow us to stay open.
Please also note the following:
- Under the public health order, every person attending the centres must have their name and phone number or email recorded.
- For members, this will be recorded when you scan your card.
- For non-members, you will have to complete the log in register before entry, then proceed to your activity.
- We will be cashless on re-opening, so any payments must be made via EFTPOS.
- Change rooms and shower facilities will remain closed for now, to ensure people come in, do their workout, then leave as soon as possible.
- The spa and sauna will remain closed due to social distancing and space restrictions.
Bookings are not essential, however we recommend you book in advance to secure your place. Here's what you need to know:
- You’ll need to provide your membership number or pay to confirm a booking
- Bookings are accepted the day before the class
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before the class
- Make sure you bring a towel and mat
- Each person will be limited to booking one class per day.
Beaton Park bookings: Phone (02) 4227 7755.
Lakeside bookings: Phone (02) 4227 7602.
For public safety, strict conditions apply for Beaton Park pool, including:
- No more than 3 swimmers allowed at one time per lane and social distancing must be maintained
- Each person is limited to 1 hour of swimming per visit
- The pool is available for lap swimming only - no other pool activities are allowed
- Children are allowed as long as they are lap swimming
- There will be no loan equipment available
- Change rooms will remain closed (toilets will be open)
- All pool visitors must follow NSW Government guidelines for public health and social distancing.
We recommend you book in advance for peak time slots to avoid disappointment. For pool bookings call (02) 4227 7756.
Until further notice, Beaton Park Pool will be open:
- 6am – 7.30pm Monday to Friday
- 6.30am – 5.30pm Saturdays and Sundays.
Until further notice, child minding will be only be available at Beaton Park.
The following conditions apply:
- You must book the day before your visit.
- A limit of one hour applies
- You’ll need to provide your membership number or pay to confirm a booking. We’ll unfreeze your membership at the time of booking.
- Arrive no earlier than 5 minutes before your activity
- You must pick up your child/ren no later than 10 minutes after your booked activity ends
- Parents are not allowed within the child minding area
- Temperature checks on children will be performed before entering
- Entry to the facility will be beside the hall
- There will be no food consumed within the child minding area. Only water and milk in a bottle that is clearly labelled will be allowed.
To book child minding, call 0447 789 493 between 12pm – 4pm one day before your visit.
Term Memberships will remain on hold until members decide they would like to re-start activities with Leisure Centres
The Fitness Passport program is yet to be re-started.
In the meantime, we are offering concession rates to Fitness Passport members who want to access our facilities.
Please tell staff when booking or paying if you're a Fitness Passport member to take advantage of this offer. Note that you may be asked to show your Fitness Passport card.
Sport and Recreation
- Walking and Cycling
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
- Art and Culture
- City Centre
- Tourist Parks