All Wollongong City Libraries are open.
In order to visit our libraries, you must make a booking.
Bookings are 50 minutes in length.
To make a booking, call your closest library.
All of our libraries are open with limited services.
Library visits are by appointment only. This allows us to ensure appropriate physical distancing rules are in place during your library visit.
Browsing, borrowing and returning items, picking up your reservations, picking up your printing requests sent via PrinterOn, and photocopying are all available.
Corrimal, Dapto, Thirroul, Helensburgh, Warrawong and Wollongong Libraries currently provides a limited number of PCs . Assistance cannot be provided due to physical distancing. Please call the library you wish to visit to make a booking.
All other services and programs are unavailable until further notice.
Returns chutes are open 24/7 at all of our libraries.
When you visit the library, things may look different. Our staff aren't able to work as closely alongside you as we used to, but we are still here to help.
Please be patient with the new processes in place to help keep everyone safe.
Here’s what you need to know:
- You need to pre-book your visit.
- When you make your booking, we will record your contact details. Please provide accurate details for contact tracing, should the need arise.
- If you feel unwell, please stay at home. Our eLibrary is available for you to use 24/7.
- Our libraries are offering limited services.
- To ensure we observe regulations, entry to the library will be by appointment within our normal operating hours.
- A limited number of people will be permitted in the library at a time to ensure safe physical distancing.
- To keep you (and us) safe please use our loan kiosks to borrow your items. You’ll need your Library card (or at least your Library card number and PIN) to use the loan kiosks.
- You may have to queue up to enter the library at your booked time. We’ll do our best to get everyone into the library as quickly as possible.
- We’ll have hand sanitiser available to use as you enter the library.
- You’ll need to maintain a 1.5m distance with our staff and other customers as you enjoy the library.
- There will be a protector screen at our help desks for the safety of our customers and staff.
- Library programs and social groups remain suspended. Please visit our website to find a range of online programs.
- Our study rooms and other bookable spaces remain closed.
- If you need to sit at a table during your visit you will notice there is only one chair per table. To maintain physical distancing we ask that you do not move our furniture around.
- We don’t have physical copies of newspapers at the moment.
- If you are photocopying or printing please bring adequate change. EFTPOS is available at some locations.
- We’ll remind you when it’s time to leave so we can make way for customers who have booked the next session.
Please call the library you wish to visit to make a booking.
Please keep in mind your visit will need to be brief, bookings are for up to 50 minutes, with the possibility of extension. If you are unable to attend at your booked time or you are unwell, please call to let us know.
We are operating a little differently for a while as we ease back into normal operations, this means we are adhering to Government regulations and maintaining physical distancing for all customers.
Visits to our libraries are limited to two visit per day for up to 50 minutes each visit. Visits can be consecutive or spaced out to suit your needs. Bookings can be made up to seven days in advance.
You can book two 50 minute visits per day, depending on availability. Visits can be consecutive or spaced out to suit your needs. If your pre-booked visits are consecutive, you will be able to stay in the library for up to 1 hour and 50 minutes.
Yes, a limited number of people including children are permitted in the library at any one time so please let us know how many people are attending when you make your booking.
You do not have to be a library member to book a visit. Why not join? It’s free and you will have access to an amazing variety of resources!
The health and well-being of our library customers and staff is our priority. We have a number of measures in place including:
- Hand sanitiser and wipes to use while you are in the library.
- Library items will be quarantined for 24 hours before being returned to the shelves.
- Protective screens in place at service counters.
- Physical distancing and hygiene measures are in place at all our libraries.
There is limited access to PCs at Corrimal, Dapto, Helensburgh, Thirroul, Warrawong and Wollongong Libraries. Assistance cannot be provided due to physical distancing. Please call the library you wish to visit to make a booking.
We have a remote printing service, Printeron and photocopying available. If you cannot access remote printing, there is limited access to PCs at Corrimal, Dapto, Thirroul, Helensburgh, Warrawong and Wollongong Libraries. Assistance cannot be provided due to physical distancing. Please call the library you wish to visit to make a booking.
Unfortunately, due to physical distancing requirements we are unable to assist with printing and photocopying.
We do not have a date for our programs to recommence however library programs remain online. You can view them on the Library website and Facebook page.
Yes, you will need to make an appointment to collect your reservations.
Under the Public Health (COVID-19 Restrictions on Gathering and Movement) Order (No 3) 2020, we have to collect personal information from each visitor. You have to provide this information in order to enter the Library. Your information will only be used to allow contact tracing to take place if required.
If you have any questions or concerns, or wish to correct the information you provided, please contact Council by phone on (02) 4227 7111 or by email.
All library materials are quarantined for 24 hours before they are returned to shelves for reuse.
No, however our Home Delivery Service is available for eligible customers. If you would like further information about this service call us on 4227 7414.
No, we no longer post reservations in order to release staff for library customer service. Please make a booking to collect your reservations once you have been notified items are ready for pickup.
Yes. You can book two visits per day, depending on availability. Visits can be consecutive or spaced out to suit your needs.
Our study rooms and bookable spaces are currently unavailable. We will make these spaces available when it’s safe to do so. Please check the Library website or social media for updates.
WiFi is available at all our libraries.
Yes, you can bring your own device to use in the library. Seating will be limited due to physical distancing requirements.
Newspapers are not being made available in our libraries at the moment due to quarantine requirements.
- Locations and Hours
- Home Library Service
- Wollongong City Libraries App
- Inclusive Libraries
- Community Information
- Rooms for Study or Hire
- Computers and Internet Access
- Print, Copy and Scan
- Street Libraries
- Library Plans and Policies