Viva la Gong Volunteer Terms and Conditions
Below are the terms and conditions you need to know as a volunteer for Viva la Gong.
Please read these terms carefully, then if you're keen to take part, fill in our volunteer application form to sign up!
If you're under 16, you'll also need to complete the Parental Consent form PDF, 30.61 KB and attach it to your application.
The role of a volunteer is to provide support and assistance, with direction from Viva la Gong event staff, to deliver a successful Viva la Gong Festival.
As a volunteer you agree to:
1. Be reliable and punctual.
2. Comply with Wollongong City Council’s Code of Conduct.
3. Attend a mandatory induction prior to Viva la Gong festival.
4. Discuss any issues that may arise with the event staff.
5. Provide information that is accurate and current, indicating that they are above 15 years of age.
6. Inform staff as soon as possible if they are no longer able to attend the allocated shift or fulfil their role.
A volunteer can expect:
7. To be provided with a Letter of Delegation, indicating that they are covered by Wollongong City Council’s Insurance for their term as a volunteer.
8. Be provided with orientation and information required to perform their role appropriately.
9. Ongoing information, feedback, and support from event staff.
10. To be provided with regular breaks.
11. To work no longer than 7 hours.
12. Their role as a volunteer to be valued and seen as a contributing factor in achieving the objectives of Viva la Gong Festival.
Cancellation of Event
13. In the event of hazardous weather or other extenuating circumstances the Site Manager may declare the festival to be cancelled. In the event of this happening, the event staff will inform volunteers as soon as possible.
14. Photographs and video taken during the Festival by Viva la Gong’s certified photographer may be used by Wollongong City Council and Viva la Gong Festival for promotional or archival purposes. By submitting this Expression of Interest, you agree to allow Viva la Gong Festival and Wollongong City Council to publish your image and name in various media avenues including television, newspaper and social media.
15. Viva la Gong Festival cannot guarantee that every group and individual who applies will be given a volunteer role. However, we will endeavour to include as many applicants as possible, who meet the necessary criteria and all applicants, successful or not, will be notified after the closing date.
16. Successful and unsuccessful applicants will be notified by email.
Thank you for your commitment to the cultural life of Wollongong.