- You must follow all NSW Health rules that apply at the time of your visit to any Council facilities. Please note, these rules may change at short notice.
- Please do not attend our facilities and services if you are unwell, or are waiting on COVID test results.
- People aged over 12 years must wear a face mask at all indoor Council facilities. For more information about face masks, please see the NSW Health website.
- Please check-in where QR codes are provided.
- Consider others and try to maintain physical distancing where possible.
The health, safety and wellbeing of everyone in our community is our top priority.
Our services and facilities are working in line with NSW public health rules. To keep our community and staff safe, we’re taking a cautious and risk-based approach to put the right measures in place for each of our services and facilities.
We have flexible measures in place to keep our services and functions going, but there may be changes or disruptions to some of our activities at short notice.
Latest changes to Council services
|Service or activity||Summary|
|Australia Day Event||A COVID-safe, limited event program has been announced. See our Australia Day page for updates.|
|Wollongong Art Gallery||School holiday workshop program has been cancelled. See our Online Workshops list for free at-home activities.|
|Wollongong Botanic Garden||Greenplan Plant sales are set to restart from 21 January.|
Ongoing service information
Pick an area below to learn about our COVID-safe operations.
Please note, some halls and centres remain closed. We'll update our Community Centres and Halls page as changes are confirmed for individual centres.
- Community transport services are continuing with changes to allow for social distancing on board the buses. Essential services to doctors’ appointments and shopping will continue. Our staff are contacting clients and our volunteers directly to provide details of these changes.
- Council's interpreter service is on hold until further notice. Links to COVID-19 information in community languages are available on our COVID-19 Multilingual Information page.
People visiting our administration building must follow NSW public health rules. Please note, these rules may change at short notice.
People aged over 12 years must wear a face mask at all indoor Council facilities. For more information about face masks, please see the NSW Health website.
Please check-in using the QR code available.
If you feel unwell, stay home and get tested.
Please note, Duty Officer enquiries remain by phone only.
You can also report Council-related issues to us online or phone us on (02) 4227 7111 during business hours.
Beaton Park and Lakeside Leisure Centres, including Beaton Park Pool and Kerryn McCann Athletics Track, are open.
Please visit the Leisure Centres website for details about opening hours and COVID safety.
Our libraries are now open to everyone in our community.
Return chutes at each Library are open to receive returns.
Library members can still access a range of digital resources through the library website, including eBooks, eAudiobooks, digital newspapers and movie / documentary streaming.
For more details and updates on library services, please see the libraries’ FAQs page.
We've increased the maintenance program for our city's most-used public spaces. This includes things like picking up rubbish, emptying bins, and cleaning.
Thanks to everyone for supporting us to keep our public spaces in good shape by using bins or taking your litter with you.
And just a friendly reminder: even with extra cleaning in place, it's still important to practise good personal hygiene by washing your hands regularly and / or using hand sanitiser.
QR codes at playgrounds, skate parks and outdoor fitness equipment locations
We've placed QR codes at some of our busier playgrounds, as well as our skate parks and outdoor fitness equipment locations. We encourage everyone to check in when visiting these spaces.
Our public BBQs are available for use.
The Vale Golf Course is open. All play must take place in line with NSW Public Health rules, and our COVID-Safe plans.
If you have questions about your bin collection service, call 1300 362 360 or visit the Wollongong Waste website.
- Please check-in where QR codes are provided.
- People aged over 12 years must wear a face mask at all indoor areas.
- Please consider others and maintain physical distancing where possible.
- Payment is by card only.
Wollongong Art Gallery is open to everyone in the community. Please see the Gallery website for more information.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Issues
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water