We Shop the Gong
Now, more than ever, we need to support local businesses and stimulate Wollongong's economy.
We Shop the Gong is an easy way you can make a difference when you eat, buy, play and more.
And if you run a business, check out our resources to get involved.
Wollongong Business Support Programs
In 2021 we partnered with Investible on two free business support programs to help local businesses adapt, innovate and grow.
- Primed to Thrive was available to all small businesses in the Wollongong Local Government Area. This online course empowered small business owners with tools, frameworks and strategies to remain competitive in today’s digital landscape.
- Thrive was a 10-week virtual program for selected Wollongong businesses committed to taking their business to the next level. Thrive supported business owners to future-proof their business and explore new possibilities for expansion and innovation.
To find out more please visit Investible's website.
As businesses and customers return to the Wollongong CBD, we're continuing to work to activate this precinct.
Please visit the Wollongong CBD website for updates. Businesses located within the Wollongong CBD can also request a free business or event listing on our website.
More resources and information
See our Business in Wollongong pages to find more information, advice and support for your business.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City