Hardship support for rates and payments
If you're facing financial difficulty due to COVID-19, or for any other reason, please talk to us as soon as possible about your rates or any payments owed to Council.
We have a Debt Recovery and Hardship Policy PDF, 240.1 KB and can discuss available options to suit your unique circumstances.
Please phone us on (02) 4227 7111 to talk about support for rates and payments.
In response to COVID-19, we offered several ways to help people with their rates and other payments to Council:
- No interest was charged on overdue rates and charges for the 2021-2022 first instalment (due 31 August 2021) until 30 November 2021.
- Deferred payment without penalty was offered until 30 November 2021 for the first rates instalment.
- Until 30 November 2021, we did not start any new legal debt recovery action which would normally have applied to rates for the 2021-2022 financial year.
- During the 2021-2022 financial year, we extended requests for rates deferrals to include business properties and residential rentals or holiday houses, as well as ratepayers' main place of residence.
For more information about your Council rates, please visit our Pay Your Rates page.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Gardening and Plants
- Energy and Water
- Learn About Climate Change
- Ride our Bike City