Wollongong Beach Baby Competition
To take part in the Wollongong Beach Baby competition, simply post a photo of your baby or toddler enjoying their favourite local swimming spot and tag on Instagram with #wollongongbeachbaby and #plasticfreewollongong or email your photo to us for a chance to win a reusable swim nappy!
By using these hashtags, you agree to our Terms and Conditions.
Note: Your Instagram account must be ‘Public’ to be part of this competition.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a free competition running from 9.00am (AEST) on Monday 15 February 2021 until 11.59pm (AEST) on Friday 12 March 2021 (‘Competition period’). Late and early entries will not be considered.
- By entering this competition, You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Council assumes that You have accepted Instagram and Facebook terms and conditions.
- You may enter this competition if You are:
- an individual living in the Wollongong Local Government Area; and
- not employed by Wollongong City Council.
- You can submit multiple entries but You can only win one (1) prize.
How to enter
Step 1: Download the Instagram App for Android or iPhone.
Step 2: Take a photo of your baby/toddler enjoying their favourite swimming spot.
Step 3: Upload the photo to Instagram and tag #wollongongbeachbaby and #plasticfreewollongong (Note: Instagram settings must be set to ‘public’ for Council to find Your entry.) OR you can email your photo to email@example.com
- To be accepted, Your entry must:
- be Your original photo of your child; and
- comply with these terms and conditions.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any difficulties You may experience in submitting an entry to this competition, including the loss or corruption of files.
- Council reserves the right to verify the validity of Your entry and to disqualify You if (in Council’s opinion):
- your entry includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements
- you submit an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- There is no cost to enter the competition, however You are responsible for Your own internet connection and usage rates. Council is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
Use of photographs
- You agree that all images published on Instagram with #wollongongbeachbaby and #plasticfreewollongong may be moderated and displayed on Council’s website and social media channels. Your image(s) and associated username(s) will be public to all.
- During the promotion period, Council’s Promotions Coordinator will choose up to five (5) winning entries each week according to the following criteria:
- the relevance of the submitted photo to the theme;
- the composition / originality of the photograph.
- The decision of the Promotions Coordinator is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- If Your entry is chosen as a winning entry, You will be notified by a message to Your Instagram account and requested to provide your name, address and contact details. For winners under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to your parent/guardian.
- You must contact Council to claim Your prize within seven (7) days of being notified and make arrangements for your prize to be mailed out. You (or, if You under the age of 18, Your parent or guardian) may be required to verify Your identity at the time of claiming Your prize.
- Any ancillary costs associated with collecting the Prize are not included.
- Once the Prize has left Council’s Administration Building, Council takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
- If You do not claim Your prize by 5pm on 26 March 2021, Council reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner.
- Council may cancel or vary the Competition at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss or costs You may incur in relation to such cancellation or variation.
- You warrant that You are the owner of any copyright in Your photograph(s) and that submission of Your photograph(s) does not give rise to any infringement or unauthorised use of any third party intellectual property rights. You agree to indemnify Council against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty.
- By entering the Competition, You:
- release Council from, and indemnify Council against, all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or the use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- agree that You hereby license the rights to use Your photo entry to Wollongong Council on any of its websites or social media channels, or for advertising and promotion of its products, services, and/or its company in any media now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
For more information contact Council’s Green Team on 4227 7111 or email us.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water