Celebrate Plastic Free July with us by sharing a photo of how you're avoiding single use plastics!
Each week during July we'll be giving away a picnic backpack set to the winning plastic-avoiding-photographer/s.
Here's how to take part:
- Post your photo to Instagram
- Make sure your account is publicly visible (so we can see your entry!)
- Use the hashtags #plasticfreewollongong #pfwwalloffame.
Make sure you also read the terms and conditions below.
For more information, email our Green Team or call (02) 4227 7111.
Terms and Conditions
- This is a free competition running from 9.00am (AEST) on Wednesday 1 July 2020 until 5.00pm (AEST) on Friday 31 July 2020 (‘Competition period’). Late and early entries will not be considered.
- By entering this competition, You are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions. Council assumes that You have accepted Instagram terms and conditions.
- You may enter this competition if You are:
- an individual living in the Wollongong Local Government Area; and
- not employed by Council.
- You can submit multiple entries but You can only win one (1) prize.
- How to enter:
Step 1: Download the Instagram App for Android or iPhone.
Step 2: Take a photo of what You are doing to avoid/reduce single use plastics.
Step 3: Upload the photo to Instagram and tag #plasticfreewollongong and #pfwwalloffame (Note: Instagram settings must be set to ‘public’ for Council to find Your entry.)
- To be accepted, Your entry must:
- be Your original work; and
- comply with these terms and conditions.
- Council accepts no responsibility for any difficulties You may experience in submitting an entry to this competition, including the loss or corruption of files.
- Council reserves the right to verify the validity of Your entry and to disqualify You if (in Council’s opinion):
- Your entry includes objectionable content, profanity, potentially insulting, inflammatory or defamatory statements;
- You submit an entry that is not in accordance with these terms and conditions.
- There is no cost to enter the competition, however You are responsible for Your own internet connection and usage rates. Council is not and will not be liable for any such costs.
- You agree that all images published on Instagram with #plasticfreewollongong and #pfwwalloffame may be moderated and displayed on Council’s website and social media channels. Your image(s) and associated username(s) will be public to all.
- During July, Council’s Promotions Coordinator will choose up to two (2) winning entries each week according to the following criteria:
- the relevance of the submitted photo to the theme;
- ingenuity of the idea shown in the photo; and
- the composition / originality of the photograph.
- The decision of the Promotions Coordinator is final and no correspondence will be entered into. Prizes cannot be transferred or redeemed for cash.
- If Your entry is chosen as a winning entry, You will be notified by a message to Your Instagram account and requested to provide Your name, address and contact details. If You winner are under the age of 18 years, the prize will be awarded to Your parent/guardian.
- You must contact Council to claim Your prize within 7 days of being notified via Instagram and make arrangements to collect Your prize. You (or, if You under the age of 18, Your parent or guardian) may be required to verify Your identity at the time of collecting Your prize.
- Any ancillary costs associated with collecting the Prize are not included.
- Once the Prize has left Council’s Administration Building, Council takes no responsibility for the Prize being damaged, lost or stolen.
- If You do not collect Your prize by 5pm on 31 August 2020, Council reserves the right to offer the prize to a substitute winner.
- Council may cancel or vary the Competition at any time. Council will not be responsible for any loss or costs You may incur in relation to such cancellation or variation.
- You warrant that You are the owner of any copyright in Your photograph(s) and that submission of Your photograph(s) does not give rise to any infringement or unauthorised use of any third party intellectual property rights. You agree to indemnify Council against all costs and claims by third parties arising from a breach of this warranty.
- By entering the Competition, You:
- release Council from, and indemnify Council against, all liability (including negligence), for any loss or damage or injury whatsoever which is suffered (including, but not limited to, indirect or consequential loss), or for any personal injury suffered or sustained in connection with the Competition, or the use of the Prize, except for any liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- agree that You hereby license the rights to use Your photo entry to Wollongong Council on any of its websites or social media channels, or for advertising and promotion of its products, services, and/or its company in any media now known or hereafter developed in perpetuity in exchange for no compensation of any kind.
- This competition is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Instagram.
- For more information contact Council’s Green Team on (02) 42277111 or email us.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food and Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Sustainable Living