Household Chemical Cleanout
It's time for a Chemical Clean Out! Drop off your household chemicals to dispose of them safely and for free.
Please note our new location! This event will be held in the car park at Thirroul Pool.
You can drop off:
- garden chemicals
- pool chemicals
- household cleaners
- hobby chemicals
- motor oils, fluids and fuels
- fluoro lights
- gas bottles
- fire extinguishers
- smoke detectors.
You can also drop off items with the logos shown below:
Only household quantities (20 litres or 20kg) are accepted for all items other than paint. Up to 100 litres of paint in containers of no more than 20 litres each will also be accepted.
Please make sure you transport all items carefully. Follow these tips:
- Clearly label containers and make sure they're well sealed. If you don't know what's inside a container, label it 'unknown chemical'.
- Try to keep chemicals in their original containers
- Never mix chemicals as this can create dangerous reactions
- Wrap old or damaged containers in newspaper, a sturdy plastic bag, plastic container or tray to prevent leaks
- Keep chemicals away from other passengers in your car (eg in the boot).
For more information call the Environment Line on 131 555 or visit www.cleanout.com.au
Can't make this event? Visit our Community Recycling Centre page for information about household items you can drop off for safe disposal year-round.
This event is brought to you by the NSW Department of Planning, Industry and Environment, and Paintback.