Hardship support for rates and payments
If you're facing financial difficulty due to COVID-19, or for any other reason, please talk to us as soon as possible about your rates or any payments owed to Council.
We have a Debt Recovery and Hardship Policy PDF, 240.1 KB and can discuss available options to suit your unique circumstances.
Please phone us on (02) 4227 7111 to talk about support for rates and payments.
In response to COVID-19, we offered several ways to help people with their rates and other payments to Council:
- No interest was charged on overdue rates and charges for the 2021-2022 first instalment (due 31 August 2021) until 30 November 2021.
- Deferred payment without penalty was offered until 30 November 2021 for the first rates instalment.
- Until 30 November 2021, we did not start any new legal debt recovery action which would normally have applied to rates for the 2021-2022 financial year.
- During the 2021-2022 financial year, we extended requests for rates deferrals to include business properties and residential rentals or holiday houses, as well as ratepayers' main place of residence.
For more information about your Council rates, please visit our Pay Your Rates page.
- News and Alerts
- Getting Here
- Seniors Festival
- Global Climate Change Week