We have a range of local, national and international newspapers and magazines that you can read in print and online.
Our libraries have daily local and national newspapers which you're welcome to read in the library. This includes:
- Illawarra Mercury at all libraries
- Sydney Morning Herald at all libraries
- The Australian at Wollongong, Corrimal, Dapto, Thirroul and Warrawong
- The Daily Telegraph at Wollongong, Corrimal, Dapto, Thirroul and Warrawong
- Australian Financial Review at Wollongong, Corrimal and Thirroul
- The Advertiser (Wednesday edition) at Wollongong Library
- The Land at Wollongong Library.
We also get newspapers in several community languages so you can keep up to date with news from around the world.
The reference section on Level 1 of Wollongong Library keeps an archive of local newspapers in both hard copy (usually for up to 3 months) and on microfilm.
You can use library computers to access the following newspapers online:
Please note, these links will only work from computers in our libraries and are not for home use.
Our libraries stock more than 250 magazine titles that you can borrow and take home, or read in the library.
From popular culture to gardening, cooking, cars and technology, there are options for all ages and interests. We also have magazines in a selection of world languages.
Search our catalogue and select 'Magazines' in the drop-down to find titles in our collection.
Create your RB Digital account using your library card to get access to eMagazines, eBooks, eAudiobooks and more.