Please note not all services are currently available.
Your library is a great place to find information about community services, support and activities.
The Community Services Space is currently unavailable due to social distancing requirements. We apologise for the inconvenience.
We have a Community Services Space on the ground floor of Wollongong Library that can be booked by community service organisations to provide information to library visitors.
See our Community Services Space page for details.
The Community Information Directory is an online guide to services, support and information to help you live in Wollongong.
It includes information about:
- Emergency services
- Council and government services
- Health and welfare
- Child care
- Cultural activities
- Social enterprises
- Information and support for different age groups, cultures, people with disability and Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
You can also use the link in the directory to suggest a service you think should be added to this listing.
If you have a question about the Community Information Directory, call us on (02) 4227 7414.
Ask Izzy is a directory for people who are homeless or in crisis to find housing, meals, support services and more.
Your library is part of a state-wide service that provides free access to legal information.
All of our libraries have:
- A legal toolkit with plain language information to help answer many common legal questions
- Copies of 'Hot Topics'. This magazine-style series covers recent changes and current debates in law.
Wollongong Library also has a collection of law books and staff who are trained to help answer your legal questions. You will find legal information in the Community Services Space on the ground floor. The books in this collection are not for loan. Loan copies and online copies may be available – please ask staff to check.
Online legal information
Here are some free online legal resources:
- NSW State Library's Find Legal Answers website.
- Australia / New Zealand Reference Centre. Search this database to find business and law information, including magazines, newspapers, reference books and company information.
- NSW Legislation. This website includes the official versions of State laws in New South Wales.
- Federal Register of Legislation. This is the Australian Government's website for Commonwealth legislation and related documents.
Justice of the Peace services are held at the following times and places:
Corrimal Library - 2nd Wednesday of the month from 10.00am - 1.00pm
Dapto Library - 2nd and 4th Friday, and the 3rd Saturday of each month from 10.00am - 1.00pm
Thirroul Library - 1st Thursday of the month from 11.00am - 12:30pm
Wollongong Library - 1st and 3rd Saturday of each month from 10.00am - 1.00pm
There is also a Justice of the Peace available every Thursday afternoon from 1.00pm - 4.00pm at the Anglican Op Shop. Dandaloo Shopping Centre, Kanahooka Road Dapto and
H.A.R.S. Museum (Albion Park Airport) Tuesdays and Thursdays each week from 10.00am - 3.00pm and
The Lions Club Book Shop, Warilla Grove Wednesdays 9.30am - 3.30pm.
No appointments necessary.
Want to know how many people live in our area, or how our population is expected to change in future?
The Demographics page on Wollongong City Council's website has links to free websites you can explore to find out more about our city.
- Locations and Hours
- Home Library Service
- Wollongong City Libraries App
- Inclusive Libraries
- Community Information
- Rooms for Study or Hire
- Make at the Library
- Computers and Internet Access
- Print, Copy and Scan
- Street Libraries
- Library Plans and Policies