The Friends of Wollongong City Libraries are an independent group who support and promote our libraries. They also arrange regular events that anyone can take part in.
New members are always welcome!
The Friends work to:
- Encourage an interest in books
- Build links between the library and the community
- Promote library services and collections
- Sponsor special events to build community interest in reading and the library
- Provide practical support such as fundraising for library equipment, facilities and staff training
- Advocate for better funding for public libraries
- Build links with other organisations with similar interests and aims.
You can read more about this group in the Friends of the Wollongong City Library Constitution PDF, 69.87 KB.
Become a member of the Friends of the Wollongong City Library and supporting your library. You'll also receive discounted entry to paid events organised by the Friends.
There are three types of membership:
- Individual $15 per year.
- Family $25 per year. Everyone included in a family membership must live in the same household.
- Concession $12 per year. This options is available to seniors, pensioners, full-time students or unemployed members.
A year's membership runs from 1 July to 30 June. Any payments made after 1 March will cover the following membership year.
Download the form below to sign up, and return it with payment to any library, or Wollongong City Council's customer service centre at 41 Burelli Street, Wollongong during business hours.
Have a question or comment for the Friends? Here's how to get in touch.
- Call (02) 4271 5292
- Email the Friends
- Write to PO Box 922, Wollongong DC NSW 2500
Sponsored by the Friends of the Library, the Local History Prize is now open for persons aged 18 and over.
There's $5000 prize money up for grabs for a piece of original research on an aspect of local history.