Celebrate Lunar New Year
Join us in celebrating Chinese Lunar New Year with these books by Chinese authors, for Chinese-speaking community members, or by learning Chinese!
Books by Chinese authors for adult and youth readers
Celebrate the Chinese Lunar New Year by borrowing a book written by a Chinese author! Our libraries have plenty to choose from, including:
- Last night at the telegraph club by Malinda Lo
- The poppy war by R. F. Kuang
- Little fires everywhere by Celeste Ng
- Dear girls : intimate tales, untold secrets & advice for living your best life by Ali Wong
- These violent delights by Chloe Gong
- The leavers by Lisa Ko
And don't forget our online library with 24/7 access to eBooks, audiobooks, and more! See our full range of online resources.
Books by Chinese authors for younger readers
- 12 lucky animals : a bilingual baby book
- A prince and his porcelain cup
- Bad dog, Macy!
- The Chinese emperor's new clothes
- Gusto and gecko travel to China
- The comeback by E. L. Shen
- Front desk by Kelly Yang
Want more picture books and storytimes? LOTE Online offers beautiful stories in both Cantonese and Mandarin. Get started with just your library card!
Chinese language books, audiobooks, and more
Did you know that the library also provides books in Chinese for our Chinese-speaking community members? From cooking books to popular fiction, we have a Chinese book to suit everyone’s interest! To get started, go to our catalogue and hit the ‘Advanced search’ function:
In the language preference, scroll to ‘Chinese’, then press ‘search’. You now have all of our Chinese books at your fingertips!
Our library also offers online eBooks, audiobooks and magazines to library members in Chinese – check out our full range of online services. Want to learn more about what services the library can provide for you? See our Community Languages page.
Want to learn Chinese?
Whether you’re looking to brush up on your Mandarin or start from scratch, the library has plenty of resources to get you started.
- Get started in Mandarin Chinese
- Basic Mandarin Chinese : speaking and listening
- Rapid Chinese, vol 1
- Basic spoken Chinese : an introduction to speaking and listening for beginners
Find more great learning aids through our catalogue!