Membership Terms and Conditions
By becoming a member of Wollongong City Libraries, you agree to the following conditions:
- To be responsible for your conduct as the person holding the library membership
- To be bound by the Library Regulation 2010, which applies under the Library Act 1939
- To comply with the provisions of the Copyright Act 1968
- To follow the conditions for using the library, and internet conditions of use
- To promptly pay any fees or charges that are incurred
- To tell us immediately if any of your registration details change
- To accept responsibility for the suitability of any items or services you use
- To ensure that your membership card is not used by any other person
- To be responsible for the conduct of your child / children, and for the suitability of information they access through the library, including through the internet.
If you have any questions about these conditions, talk to us before you become a member.
To apply for library membership, you must provide us with details that are considered 'personal information' under the Privacy and Personal Information Protection Act 1998.
We need this information so we can provide library services to you. Supplying this information is voluntary, but if you choose not to give us personal information some services will not be available.
The library is required to collect and retain this information, and to record that documentation supporting your application, where relevant, has been sighted.
Personal information provided by you will only be used within Wollongong City Libraries, unless the library needs to use or disclose your personal information for law enforcement purposes, or if otherwise required by law.
You have the right to request access to and/or correct any personal information concerning you held by the library.
If you need to make any updates, corrections or changes to your personal information held by us, call (02) 4227 7414 or drop into one of our libraries.
You can also log in to the library catalogue to change your password at any time.