Wollongong is a great place to do business.
Wollongong is the regional capital of the Illawarra and offers a dynamic and supportive environment to locate your business in. The city’s 14.100 businesses employ around 94,500 people. The city also has a large highly skilled talent pool of potential employees to help your business grow.
Through Wollongong City Council you can access a cross-section of free information and assistance to help you make better business decisions.
Read our ten-year Economic Development Strategy 2019-2029 to find out about our plans to help grow the local economy and jobs in Wollongong.
Want to get up to date information and advice to help your Wollongong-based business? Sign up for our business e-news.
- COVID-19 Support for Businesses
- We Shop the Gong
- Assistance to Council Tenants
- Invest Wollongong
- Business Information and Support
- Business Permits and Regulations
- Tenders, Quotations and EOIs
Organise an Event
Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Stuart Park
- Lang Park
- Wollongong Foreshore
- The Arts Precinct
- MacCabe Park
- Osborne Park
- Dalton Park
- Wollongong Botanic Garden
- Greenhouse Park
- King George V Oval, Port Kembla
- Wentworth Street, Port Kembla
- JJ Kelly Park
- Thirroul Beach Reserve
- Rex Jackson Park and Ovals, Helensburgh
- Crown Street Mall and Globe Lane
- Information for Event Organisers
- Overview of Pre-Approved Event Sites
- Sponsor Local Communities
- Social Enterprises
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism