In a life threatening emergency call 000 to reach police, fire or ambulance.
From your mobile call 112
If you are deaf or have a speech or hearing impairment call 106 in an emergency. This is a Text Emergency Call from teletypewriters - not an SMS service.
- NSW State Emergency Service (SES) 132 500
- NSW Rural Fire Service Bush Fire Info Line 1800 679 737
- Fire and Rescue NSW - call 000
- Police Assistance Line 131 444
- National Security Hotline (including counter Terrorism) 1800 123 400
- Ambulance NSW - call 000. For non-urgent medical advice, call Health Direct Australia on 1800 022 222.
- Marine Rescue NSW - call (02) 9450 2468
Tune in to 97.3 ABC Illawarra Radio for emergency updates or visit the ABC Emergency website.
- Sydney Water 132 092
- Endeavour Energy emergencies 131 003
- Australian Gas Networks 1800 676 300
- Jemena Gas 131 909
- Telstra 132 200
- Optus 1800 500 002
- Transport for NSW Traffic Information line 132 701
- Report a traffic incident 131 700
- Sydney Trains 131 500
- RSPCA (02) 4271 3410
- Wires Wildlife Rescue 1300 094 737
If you do not speak English well, you can call the Translating and Interpreting Service on 131 450 and ask them to contact any of the numbers above to interpret for you.
The National Relay Service is also available for people who are deaf or have a hearing or speech impairment.
Download these apps on your phone to help you get information quickly in an emergency. Use the links below, or search for these apps in The App Store (Apple) or Google Play (Android).
Ready Steady Safe app for kids on the App Store