Notice: See our latest COVID-19 updates and support information Read more.
Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council

Floods and Storms

The NSW State Emergency Service (SES) manages flood and storm emergencies. Visit the SES website for information on how to prepare and what you should do to stay safe in floods and storms.

If you need help during a flood or storm, call the SES on 132 500.

If someone’s life is at risk, call 000.

Dangerous trees in storms

During a storm, if a tree is an immediate threat to people or property, emergency authorities like the SES can do work to make the tree safe.

For details see our Trees on Your Property page.

Recovering from floods and storms

NSW SES has prepared a guide to help people clean up and recover after floods and storms.

NSW SES Recovery Guide