The iconic Austinmer Beach is a popular place for locals and visitors. It has two rock pools at the southern end of the beach and a beach pavilion. A play area and local shops are nearby.
Lawrence Hargrave Dr, Austinmer
Patrolled 9am - 6pm daily
Beach safetyStay safe on our beaches - visit our Beach Safety page before you hit the sand.
A beach wheelchair is available to use at this beach during patrol hours. To book please call (02) 4227 7268.
People using beach wheelchairs must be accompanied by a carer.
Beach matting between the concourse and the waterline is available at this location during patrol hours. Please note, matting may be unavailable during and shortly after extreme weather.
Two accessible parking bays are available in the car park next to the beach. Access is off Lawrence Hargrave Drive.
There is a concourse along the length of the beach, which can be accessed from the accessible parking bays.
Accessible facilities are open 24 hours in the Austinmer Beach Pavilion at the southern end of the beach.
Facilities include a shower, toilet, adult change table and hoist. An MLAK key is needed to use the hoist.
Family showers are also available in the male and female amenities of the Pavilion.
Picnic areas and seating
- Picnic tables shaded by large pine trees are available next to the beach concourse.
- There are several bench seats along the concourse.
Food and drink
- There are several food businesses, including cafes and takeaways, on the main road opposite the beach.
- Austinmer Rock Pool features two separate pools, and is located at the southern end of the beach. This is a tidal pool and may be difficult to use during high tides.
- A fenced playground is next to the beach, between the car park and the main road.
- The beach and car park are close to a very busy main road.
- This area can be crowded, particularly on weekends. Parking may also be difficult at busy times.
We welcome feedback from people with disability and their carers about your experience accessing our beaches.
Your feedback can help us find and fix problems, or plan for better access in future.
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Our Environment
- UCI Bike City
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City