Our Community Recycling Centre (CRC) is a free and easy way to recycle problem waste from your household. Items are handled so they don’t harm the environment.
The CRC also accepts regular household recyclables like cardboard, paper, steel cans, rigid plastic bottles and containers, and glass bottles and jars.
Please note, the CRC does not accept business or commercial recyclables.
Our CRC is a NSW EPA Waste Less Recycle More project funded from the waste levy.
The centre is located at our waste disposal depot at Kembla Grange. Turn right at the roundabout before the weighbridge and follow the signs.
The Community Recycling Centre accepts:
- Computers, televisions, printers, scanners, smoke detectors and mobile phones
- Gas bottles and fire extinguishers
- Fluoro globes and tubes
- Household and car batteries
- Motor and other oils
- Scrap metal – this includes many whitegoods made mostly of metal, like microwaves, washing machines, dryers and dishwashers.
- Cardboard, paper and mixed recyclables that won’t fit in your yellow bin
- X-ray film (please remove it from the envelope and place it in the bin marked 'Waste Film Only').
Dangerous goods or items not listed above won’t be accepted.
Items must be in household quantities. Except for larger fridges and freezers, items should be no larger than 20kg or 20 litres.
Items dropped off at the CRC are processed to recover materials and resources that can be re-used in many different ways.
Watch the videos below to see what happens to some of the common items accepted at the CRC.
- Weekdays 7.30am to 4.30pm
- Weekends and public holidays (including Good Friday) 8am to 4pm.
The Community Recycling Centre is closed on Christmas Day.
Got a question about recycling, waste or reuse? Visit the Wollongong Waste website to Ask a Waste Expert for advice.
When visiting our Waste Depot and Community Recycling Centre, you must follow any NSW Public Health Rules that apply at the time of your visit. Please note, rules may change at short notice.
- Wearing face masks is no longer mandatory, however we encourage masks to be worn, particularly if you are not able to physically distance from other people.
- Please consider others and maintain physical distancing where possible.
- Payment is by card only.
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Property Information
- Book a Space
Apply for a Grant
- Bands and Choirs
- Community Events
- Community Events Quick Response Grants
- Connecting Neighbours Grants
- Connecting Neighbours - Verge Garden Grants
- Creating Connections - High School Grants
- Creative Wollongong Quick Response Grants
- Economic and Industry Grants
- Emergency Food and Care Support Grants
- Heritage Grants
- Live Music Quick Response Grants
- Minor Donations
- NAIDOC Week Grants
- Small Cultural Grants
- Sports Grants
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details