Our city's household waste goes to Wollongong Waste and Resource Recovery Park – also known as Whytes Gully.
- Weekdays 7.30am to 4.30pm
- Weekends and public holidays (including Good Friday) 8am to 4pm
The waste depot is closed on Christmas Day.
You can pay waste disposal fees by:
- EFTPOS cards
- credit cards
Cheques are not accepted.
If you're bringing items to our waste depot, follow these simple steps to help save you time and possibly money!
- Sort your items. Separate your recyclables and items that can go to our Community Recycling Centre (CRC) from green waste and general waste.
- Load carefully. Pack your car or trailer with recyclables and CRC items last, so they're on top. Drop these items off first - turn right at the roundabout before the weighbridge to unload them for free. Then head over the weighbridge with any green or general waste.
- Cover your load. If your'e using a trailer, ute, or other open-top vehicle to bring items to the waste depot, make sure your waste is securely covered to avoid littering or even being fined.
Wollongong Waste and Resource Recovery Park does not accept building or demolition waste.
There are several companies in our area that deal with builders' waste - search online or look for 'Waste disposal and reduction services' in the Yellow Pages.
The Helensburgh Waste Depot closed in 2012, and we're working to rehabilitate the site. See our project page for updates.
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Language Services
- Update Your Details