Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council

Register a Pool or Spa

All pools and spas that can be filled with 300mm of water or more and are used for swimming and other water activities must be registered on the NSW Swimming Pool Register.

This includes:

  • Concrete and fibreglass swimming pools
  • Inflatable swimming pools
  • Temporary or wading pools that are 30cm or more deep
  • Above ground pools and spas.

You may receive a fine if your swimming pool is not registered.

There are two ways you can register your pool or spa:

  1. Register it yourself on the NSW Swimming Pool Register website. There is no fee for using this option.
  2. Ask Council to register it for you, using the Pool Registration Form PDF, 79.8 KB. A fee of $10 applies for this option.

You can also check if a pool or spa is already registered on the NSW Swimming Pool Register website.

Selling or renting a property with a pool or spa

As well as making sure your pool or spa is registered, you will need a Pool Certificate of Compliance before you sell or lease your property.

Find out what’s required on our Pool Certificates page.