Use space to open navigation items
Wollongong City Council

Occupation Certificates

You must have an Occupation Certificate before you can use or occupy a new building.

An Occupation Certificate is issued by your Principal Certifying Authority.

Your certifier will only issue an Occupation Certificate when:

  • They are satisfied that all required building inspections have been done, including a final inspection.
  • The finished work is consistent with the approval and meets the requirements of the development consent and the Building Code of Australia.

Use the form below to apply for an Occupation Certificate:

Application for Occupation Certificate  PDF, 87.26 KB

Once your Occupation Certificate has been issued and lodged with Council, you can get bins for your new home. Visit the Wollongong Waste website for details.