Notifications and Submissions
When a development application (DA) is lodged with Council, we need to tell people who might be affected by the development. People we might notify about a DA often include neighbours and, in some cases, the general public. This is so they have a chance to raise any concerns or make a comment before a decision is made.
The process for advertising DAs is explained in our Community Participation Plan PDF, 394.71 KB.
If a DA needs to be notified or advertised, the applicant will be charged a notification fee.
Where you can view DA notifications
If you’re a neighbour of a proposed development that needs to be notified, we will send you a letter.
For everyone else, these are the main places you can find information about DAs which are open for comment:
- The View an Application page
- Our weekly advertisement in the Wollongong Advertiser
- For some DAs, information may be available in your nearest library.
Our notifications letter will explain how you can make a submission – or give feedback – to Council about a proposed development.
Anyone with an interest in a DA is welcome to make a submission, but this has to be done in writing. If you’re objecting to a development, you need to give a clear reason why. We also encourage people to share positive suggestions to improve the proposed DA.
Submissions are public documents, and other people can view them on request, so make sure you read our privacy statement before you comment on a DA.
All submissions will be considered when the DA is assessed.
- Types of Development
Development Policies and Guidelines
- State and Regional Planning Policies
- Local Environmental Plans
- Development Control Plan
- Council's Development Policies
- Development Contributions
- Planning Proposals
- Development on Bush Fire Prone Land
- Flooding, Stormwater and Development
- Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Manufactured Home Estates
- Fire Safety
- Lodge a Development Application
- View an Application
- Development Assessments
- Construction and Works