Format Guidelines for DAs
- The data provided must be a true copy of all plans and documents relating to the Development Application.
- All files must be virus-free and not contain any hidden security settings, locks or passwords.
- Not meeting the digital requirements described on this page may result in delays to your application being processed. It could also result in the application being returned to you to address any reformatting requests.
You must include all plans and documents with your Development Application.
See our Lodgement Checklists to confirm which of these documents are needed for your application.
Each document must have a suitable descriptive file name that clearly identifies it, and includes the file type extension (eg, PDF).
Below is a guide to how documents should be provided.
|Document (Plan Groups)||File Format Requirements|
|Drainage||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Electrical||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Elevations and sections||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Civil or Engineering||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Floor||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Landscape||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Location||Single PDF file|
|Reflected Ceiling||Single PDF file|
|Shadow diagrams||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Site and Site Analysis||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Site Management||Single PDF file|
|Specifications||Single PDF file|
|Subdivision||All sheets, group into one PDF|
|Survey||Single PDF file|
|Document (Reports)||File Format Requirements|
|Arborist||Single PDF file|
|Bushfire||Single PDF file|
|Cost Summary||Single PDF file|
|Energy Efficiency||Single PDF file|
|Fauna||Single PDF file|
|Flood Advice / Information||Single PDF file|
|Flora||Single PDF file|
|Geotechnical||Single PDF file|
|Heritage||Single PDF file|
|Noise||Single PDF file|
|Quantity Surveyor||Single PDF file|
|Site Waste Minimisation and Management Plan||Single PDF file|
|Species Impact Statement||Single PDF file|
|Termite||Single PDF file|
|Traffic||Single PDF file|
|Vegetation Management Plan||Single PDF file|
|Document (Associated Documentation)||File Format Requirements|
|BASIX Certificate||Single PDF file|
|City Centre 3D Model||Contact Council's Mapping Services team to discuss acceptable file formats|
|Colour External Finish||Single PDF file|
|Demolition Details||Single PDF file|
|Demolition Work Plan||Single PDF file|
|Lodgement Checklist||Single PDF file|
|Owners Consent||Single PDF file|
|Political Disclosure Statement||Single PDF file|
|Reticulation of Electricity Certificate||Single PDF file|
|Statement of Environmental Effects||Single PDF file|
|Sydney Water Approval - Tap In||Single PDF file|
|Telecommunications Infrastructure Certificate||Single PDF file|
|Variation Justification SEPP1||Single PDF file|
|Variation Justification Statement||Single PDF file|
Drawings and plans should:
- Be drawn to scale, usually at a ratio of 1: 200, and state the sheet size (eg A3)
- Be numbered, titled, dated and include a version number where applicable.
- Show dimensions
- Be rotated to landscape orientation
- Be good quality (ie no scanned images or photos of drawings or plans).
Any additional information for your application must be submitted to Council through the NSW Planning Portal with a completed Lodgement of Additional Information form PDF, 50.22 KB.
- All amended plans and documents must be submitted to Council through the NSW Planning Portal.
- You must include a completed Lodgement of Additional Information form PDF, 50.22 KB detailing the description of all amending plans and documents, together with the plans and documents they are superseding
- Plans must clearly indicate the proposed changes. Highlight the proposed changes with either thatching or clouding.
- Amended plans must be issued with a new revision number, and dated to reflect the new version date.
- If an amended plan is part of a plan group (eg floor plans with multiple sheets), you must replace the full plan group when revised plans are lodged. We will not accept single sheets that have been amended.
- Documents must be clearly identified by the applicant using a Document Transmittal form.
If your development is in the Wollongong City Centre and will be four storeys high or more, your DA will need to include a 3D CAD model of the building.
Fees apply for submitting or updating a 3D model. You need to provide the 3D model as described below. Make sure you follow these rules carefully. If the 3D CAD model isn’t provided correctly, you will have to resubmit it, and re-pay any fees.
Detailed model of development site and buildings
A 1:1 scale detailed 3D CAD model is required, showing a realistic and accurate 3D representation of the exterior of the whole development. This should include:
- Site details: landscaped areas, driveways, access ramps, pedestrian access ways, car parking, major signage or similar structures, bridges, street overpasses and any other significant features.
- Building details. everything of significance for each elevation, including all protrusions and indents like balconies, porticos, parapets, etc.
- Roof details: all external detail including pitch, protrusions such as plant enclosures, fire stairs, terraces, shade roofs, signage structures, flag poles or similar.
- Do not include any interior details, text, dimensions, hatching or area fill.
Accepted CAD formats
3D models should be provided as AutoCAD 3D DWG or Autodesk 3DS format.
Contact us before submitting to discuss alternative acceptable file formats.
All relevant data must be bound within the submitted 3D CAD model. Do not include any reference or cross-reference points or external files.
Layer and level names
Layer names must be descriptive and logical. Do not use numerical-only layer names.
Naming conventions used should be clearly defined in the documentation submitted with the model.
Rendering of the model
Surface material renders and building facades should be supplied as raster images in separate files, and must indicate the model face the image applies to and method of applying the image (eg full faced or tiled).
If you have any questions about the City Centre 3D Model, call our mapping team on (02) 4227 7111.
City Centre 3D model fees are shown below
|Parent HierachyArea||Fee NameFee Name||GSTGST||Current Fee (incl. GST)Current Fee (incl. GST)|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee NameWDCP 2009||GSTN||Current Fee$30.00|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee NameNotification Policy||GSTN||Current Fee$5.00|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee NameDCP – Other per A4 page||GSTN||Current Fee$5.00|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee NameSale of Building Specification Booklets||GSTN||Current Fee$11.50|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee Name3D Model Data Input Fee DA Lodgement – for buildings 4 storeys and over located within area identified under Wollongong LEP||GSTN||Current Fee$1,380.00|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee Name3D Model Data Input Fee Amended Plans – for buildings 4 storeys and over located within area identified under Wollongong LEP – where there are external changes to the building||GSTN||Current Fee$1,380.00|
|Parent HierachyDevelopment Assessment | Miscellaneous Fees | Epis, Codes And Policies||Fee Name3D Model Data Input Fee Modified Plans – for buildings 4 storeys and over located within area identified under Wollongong LEP – where there are external changes to the building||GSTN||Current Fee$1,380.00|
See our application checklists, or call us on (02) 4227 7111 if you’re not sure what information needs to be included with your application.
- Types of Development
Development Policies and Guidelines
- State and Regional Planning Policies
- Local Environmental Plans
- Development Control Plan
- Council's Development Policies
- Development Contributions
- Planning Proposals
- Development on Bush Fire Prone Land
- Flooding, Stormwater and Development
- Caravan Parks, Camping Grounds and Manufactured Home Estates
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Submit a Development Application
- View an Application
- Development Assessments
- Construction and Works