A 10.7 Planning Certificate (which used to be called a Section 149 Certificate) is an official document about the planning rules and any restrictions that apply to your land.
This certificate is often needed when properties are bought and sold, or if you’re planning to develop a property.
The main types of information in a 10.7 (2) Certificate include:
- Which planning laws apply to your property
- The land zone and what you are or aren’t allowed to use the land for
- Which development standards apply
- Any critical habitats, conservation areas or environmental heritage items that are on the land
- Whether you can do work as complying development on the land
- If there is any road widening earmarked, or plans for part of the land to be acquired
- Any restrictions in place to reduce hazards
- If there is a vegetation plan or biobanking agreement for the land
- Whether the land is contaminated [under the Contaminated Lands Management Act 1997]
- Any Bushfire and Contributions Plans
When you apply for a 10.7 (2) Certificate, you can also apply for a 10.7 (5) Certificate, which will give you extra information if it's available, including:
- Any Council resolutions to prepare a Planning Proposal for the property
- Proposed draft Development Control Plans
- Land stability
- Flood and drainage
- Acid sulfate soils
- State Significant Development
- Building lines
- Other heritage matters known to Council
- Tree Management Policy.
Please note that you can't get a 10.7 (5) Certificate on its own - it must be combined with a 10.7 (2) Certificate.
Planning Certificates only provide information about your land. If you need information about any built structures on a property, see the Building Information Certificate section of this page.
How to apply
Before you can apply, you need to log in or register in our Online Services system.
Once you are logged in, select Lodge an Application, then Certificates.
|Parent HierachyArea||Fee NameFee Name||GSTGST||Current Fee (incl. GST)Current Fee (incl. GST)|
|Parent HierachyLand Use Planning | Certificate Related Fees | Planning Certificate||Fee NameS10.7 (2) (minimum certificate) per parcel of land||GSTN||Current Fee$62.00|
|Parent HierachyLand Use Planning | Certificate Related Fees | Planning Certificate||Fee NameS10.7 (2) and (5) (additional information) per parcel of land||GSTN||Current Fee$156.00|
|Parent HierachyLand Use Planning | Certificate Related Fees | Planning Certificate||Fee NamePriority issue of certificate||GSTN||Current Fee$148.00|
|Parent HierachyLand Use Planning | Certificate Related Fees | Planning Certificate||Fee Names88G Conveyancing Act Certificate||GSTN||Fee DescriptionRegulated fee of $10, and Council will not inspect the relevant land for the purpose of issuing the certificate|
- Online Services
- Household Recycling and Waste
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Backyard Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Roof Cleaning and Restoration
- On-site Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Addressing
- Wood Heaters
- Activity Applications
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details