NAIDOC Week 2021: Heal Country!
National NAIDOC Week was celebrated from 4 - 11 July 2021.
Due to public health concerns, local events were rescheduled for September, but will unfortunately not go ahead due to extended restrictions.
In the meantime, you can explore Paint the Gong REaD's NAIDOC Celebration Book list PDF, 1706.84 KB for ages 0 -12 years.
Wollongong regularly hosts community events for local Aboriginal communities and the wider public to come together and celebrate Aboriginal culture and history.
Each year, our communities mark the following national events and significant dates:
- 26 January: Survival Day
- 13 February: National Apology to the Stolen Generation
- 19 March: National Closing the Gap Day
- 26 May: National Sorry Day
- 27 May - 3 June: Reconciliation Week
- 3 June: Mabo Day
- First week of July: NAIDOC Week
- 4 August: National Aboriginal and Islander Children's Day
- 9 August: International Day of Indigenous Peoples
- October long weekend: NSW Aboriginal Rugby League Knockout Carnival.
Upcoming events for Aboriginal communities that are organised or supported by Council are shown below.
No events found.
Please check back again soon, or see our Events Calendar for other activities.
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Coast and Waterways
- Trees and Plants
- Natural Areas
- Native Animals
- Pest Animals
- Climate Change
- Environmental Education
Floods and Stormwater
- Allans Creek Catchment
- Brooks Creek Catchment
- Collins Creek Catchment
- Duck Creek Catchment
- Fairy and Cabbage Tree Creeks Catchment
- Hewitts Creek Catchment
- Kully Bay Catchment
- Lake Illawarra Catchment
- Minnegang Creek Catchment
- Mullet Creek Catchment
- Northern Suburbs Catchment
- Towradgi Creek Catchment
- Wollongong City Catchment
- Stormwater Pollution
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography