Closed circuit television (CCTV) is used in some public spaces across our city to reduce and prevent crime and enhance community safety, in line with our Community Safety Plan PDF, 3037.54 KB.
Our CCTV program runs under strict privacy controls and a code of practice. Our CCTV Policy and Code of Practice PDF, 166.48 KB explains how we use and manage CCTV assets within our city.
CCTV footage can help police to identify offenders if a crime takes place. The Memorandum of Understanding between Wollongong City Council and NSW Police PDF, 215.13 KB outlines the access that Council provides to NSW Police of CCTV footage in the Wollongong City Council area in general, with particular reference to Wollongong City Centre.
Requests to access CCTV footage can be made by making a formal application under the Government Information (Public Access) Act 2009. Details of how to make an application are available on our Access to Information page.
Enquiries and complaints in relation to the CCTV program can be made by email, or call us on (02) 4227 7111.
- CCTV Policy and Code of Practice PDF, 166.48 KB
- CCTV Standard Operating Procedure PDF, 576.34 KB
- Memorandum of Understanding between Wollongong City Council and NSW Police PDF, 215.13 KB
- Privacy Management Plan PDF, 374.46 KB
Map of CCTV locations
See our online map to view CCTV locations throughout the Wollongong City Council area.
Report an Issue
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Get Involved
- COVID-19 Support Services Directory
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTQIA+ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Affordable Housing
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- New or Recently Moved Residents
- Sustainable Living