We have two purpose-built closed loop tracks for cyclists at Lindsay Maynes Park, Unanderra.
The criterium track and velodrome are open to everyone, and are also used regularly by the Illawarra Cycle Club (ICC) for training and competition. Contact ICC if you'd like to get involved in their activities at these tracks.
Illawarra Criterium Track
Opened in September 2022, this closed-loop course at Unanderra is great for bike riders of all levels. Other non-motorised wheels are also welcome, such as scooters or rollerblades.
Build up your speed and endurance, or just enjoy some leisurely laps.
This track was proudly funded by Round 8 of the NSW Government’s Resources for Regions program, which contributed $750,000 to the project in association with other funds from the Dendrobium Community Enhancement Program.
Located next to the criterium track, this steeped oval track is a traditional-style velodrome, great for training, competition or recreation.
Illawarra Velodrome is licenced and operated by the Illawarra Cycling Club.
The nearest entry to the Illawarra Criterium Track is off Factory Road, Unanderra.
Entry to the velodrome is off the Princes Highway, Unanderra.
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Floods and Stormwater
- Coast and Waterways
- Trees and Plants
- Natural Areas
- Native Animals
- Pest Animals
- Climate Change
- Environmental Education
UCI Bike City
- Cringila Hills Mountain Bike Park
- Helensburgh Mountain Bike Park
- Illawarra Criterium Track and Velodrome
- Pop-Up Cycling Routes
- Separated Cycleways
- Using Our Shared Pathways
- Local Bike Tracks
- Info for Cyclists
- Planning for Cycling
- 2022 UCI Road World Championships - Wollongong NSW
- Parking and Transport
- Public Toilets
- Wollongong CBD
- History and Heritage
- Memorial Gardens and Cemeteries
- Sister Cities
- Filming and Photography
- Learning City