Our Contribution to Public Bands and Choirs program supports not-for-profit bands and choirs that are based in Wollongong and perform at public events.
Applications for this program have been extended until 20 April 2020.
This program is open to not-for-profit bands or choirs that are based in, and operate in, the Wollongong City Council area.
- Be open to new members joining from the wider community
- Be able to perform outdoors without sound equipment
- Hold regular rehearsals
- Be available to perform at community events and gatherings.
Groups applying for this program will need to fill in Council's online application form, which will be available on this page when applications open.
The application must include:
- A copy of the group's Constitution or Articles of Association (if available)
- A budget showing the group's operating costs for the year ahead.
Successful applicants will need to sign a funding agreement with Council.
In return for Council's support, groups that are supported through this program are expected to:
- Perform at Council-run events and ceremonies. Four performances are required from primary (or senior) bands, and two performance from choirs and secondary (or junior) bands within a 12 month period. Suitable dates and events will be negotiated with any groups that receive funding.
- Display banners provided by Council at the group's performances.
- Complete a written report for Council at the end of the funding period.
Funding will not be provided to:
- Groups whose activities are not in keeping with Council's goals and values. You can read more about our goals in Wollongong's Community Strategic Plan.
- Groups that have not submitted any required reports or acquittals from previous Council funding.
- School bands and choirs.
The following amount of funding is available through this program:
- Primary (or senior) bands up to $2,000
- Secondary (or junior) bands up to $1,000
- Choirs up to $500.
Unless otherwise stated, funding is provided on a one-off basis for 12 months. Council may also consider multi-year funding agreements for up to four years.
How to apply
1. Make sure you've read all the information above and our Financial Assistance Policy PDF, 168.72 KB.
2. If you're not already registered for Council's online services, create an account using the button below. We will email you a user name and temporary password within two working days.
3. Use the button below to log in to your account and start an application. You can save as you go, and edit your application before you submit it.
4. Make sure your application is submitted by Monday 20 April 2020.
If you need help with the online registration or application process, please call us during business hours on (02) 4227 7111.
- Household Rubbish
- Pay Your Rates
- Other Payments
- Trees on Your Property
- Alterations and Additions
- New Homes
- Granny Flats
- Residential Subdivision
- Pools and Spas
- Decks, Driveways and More
- Onsite Sewage Systems
- Fire Safety
- Property Information
- Book a Space
- Apply for a Grant
- Filming and Photography
- Language Services
- Update Your Details