We invited budding film makers and storytellers aged 8 years+ to enter the 2021 Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition.
Each entry needed to feature a bicycle helmet to tie in with our excitement for the 2022 UCI Road World Championships to be held in Wollongong next September.
And the awards go to....
Watch the video below to see our celebrity judge, Sean Keenan, announce our competition winners (or scroll down to read details).
8 to 12 years category
- First place: Felix Williams, Spell book 2
- Second place: Jade Woods, Deja Vu
13 to 19 years category
- First place: Beau Ritchie, Head in The Clouds
- Second place: Alyssa Norris, Home
- Ewan Dummond, The Cyclist Who Loved Me.
Keep an eye out for details of a community screening of these short films to be announced soon.
Thanks to our panel of judges who reviewed all the entries for the competition.
Our celebrity judge for the under 20s categories was Australian actor Sean Keenan. Sean is best known for his leading roles in the Australian children's television series Lockie Leonard, and as Gary Hennessey in Puberty Blues. He's also appeared in several other television series, including Cloudstreet and Wake in Fright, and films including the True History of the Kelly Gang.
Sport and Recreation
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- The Joyful Project
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks