Standing on the Ceiling is a fun, easy community project of joy and art held across 2021 - 2022.
This project brought people together to sing and dance, and transform how we experience ourselves, each other and the places will live in a little differently, just for one moment.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, what started out as an in-person event turned into a digital project. We'd like to thank all the artists and community participants for their enthusiasm and resilience throughout this project.
The Standing on the Ceiling project was led by:
- Jodi Phillis (Facilitating Composer): Australian and local iconic composer / musician / singer (The Clouds)
- Lisa Maris McDonnell (Facilitating Choreographer): innovative Australian and local movement artist
- Malika Reese (Facilitating Writer): writer, teacher and performer.
Standing on the Ceiling video
- Dive into Summer
Sport and Recreation
- UCI Bike City
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Studios
- The Arts Precinct
- Creative Dialogues
- Recent Projects
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks