Standing on the Ceiling is a fun, easy community project of joy and art.
This project brings people together to sing and dance, and transform how we experience ourselves, each other and the places will live in a little differently, just for one moment.
Due to COVID-19 restrictions, what started out as an in-person event turned into a digital project. We'd like to thank all the artists and community participants for their enthusiasm and resilience throughout this project.
The Standing on the Ceiling project was led by:
- Jodi Phillis (Facilitating Composer): Australian and local iconic composer / musician / singer (The Clouds)
- Lisa Maris McDonnell (Facilitating Choreographer): innovative Australian and local movement artist
- Malika Reese (Facilitating Writer): writer, teacher and performer.
Standing on the Ceiling video
Sport and Recreation
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Short Film Competition
- The Joyful Project
- Standing on the Ceiling
- Creative Spaces
- Creative Dialogues
- The Arts Precinct
- Viva la Gong
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Wollongong CBD
- Tourist Parks