We want to get more people riding bikes in Wollongong.
The Wollongong Cycling Strategy PDF, 2706.16 KB explains what Council is doing to support riders, and why it's important for our city's health and the environment.
Groups that advise Council
Our work to support cycling and plan for the future is helped with input from these groups:
- Walking, Cycling and Mobility Reference Group
- Cycling Advisory Groups, which include:
- Cycling Champions Advisory Group
- Cycling Technical Advisory Group.
As well as small improvements, like adding water stations and bike racks around the city, we have some long-term projects that will create more ways for you to ride.
- Grand Pacific Walk is a pathway for you to walk or ride between the Royal National Park and Lake Illawarra
- Cringila Hills Recreation Park is an exciting new area that will feature mountain bike tracks, a pump track and a mountain bike skills playground
- Pop-Up Cycling Routes to help you get around on your bike.
Join the conversation
As we plan new bike-friendly projects, we talk with the community to get your ideas and feedback.
Keep an eye on the Our Wollongong website for your chance to join the conversation.
National Walking and Cycling Participation Survey
The National Walking and Cycling Participation Survey (previously National Cycling Participation Survey) is a phone survey of a sample of residents across our city about their walking and cycling activity.
This information helps Council plan to support active transport and meet our community's needs.
You can read recent Survey reports below.
|PDF File||National-Walking-and-Cycling-Participation-Survey-2023.pdf||4.0 MB|
|PDF File||National-Walking-and-Cycling-Participation-Survey-2021.PDF||1.8 MB|
|PDF File||National-Cycling-Participation-Survey-2019.PDF||1.9 MB|
|PDF File||National-Cycling-Participation-Survey-2020.PDF||2.0 MB|
Sport and Recreation
- Our Pools
- UCI Bike City
- Skate Parks
- Outdoor Fitness
- Wollongong City Leisure Centres
- The Vale Golf Course
- Sports Grants
- Our Pools
- Dog Beaches and Parks
- Parks and Gardens
Art and Culture
Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- 2023 Referendum: Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Voice
- Community Events
- Local Government Regional NAIDOC Awards
- Explore Aboriginal Art and Culture
- Aboriginal Businesses and Cultural Tourism
- Local Networks and Services
- Council Programs and Support
- A Brief History
- Aboriginal Community Members' Stories
- Wollongong Art Gallery
- Public Art
- Creative Wollongong Studios
- The Arts Precinct
- Culture Mix
- Creative Dialogues
- Recent Projects
- Opportunities for Artists and Performers
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Wollongong CBD