NAIDOC Week 2021: Heal Country!
National NAIDOC Week was celebrated from 4 - 11 July 2021.
Due to public health concerns, local events have been rescheduled for September - see our events calendar for details.
You can also explore Paint the Gong REaD's NAIDOC Celebration Book list PDF, 1706.84 KB for ages 0 -12 years.
Wollongong regularly hosts community events for local Aboriginal communities and the wider public to come together and celebrate Aboriginal culture and history.
Each year, our communities mark the following national events and significant dates:
- 26 January: Survival Day
- 13 February: National Apology to the Stolen Generation
- 19 March: National Closing the Gap Day
- 26 May: National Sorry Day
- 27 May - 3 June: Reconciliation Week
- 3 June: Mabo Day
- First week of July: NAIDOC Week
- 4 August: National Aboriginal and Islander Children's Day
- 9 August: International Day of Indigenous Peoples
- October long weekend: NSW Aboriginal Rugby League Knockout Carnival.
Upcoming events for Aboriginal communities that are organised or supported by Council are shown below.
Report an Issue
- Air or Water Pollution
- Animal Issues
- Building and Development Issues
- Drains and Stormwater Pits
- Food Issues
- Health Issues
- Injury or Damage Claims
- Noise Issues
- Park Maintenance Issues
- Playground and Sportsground Issues
- Roads and Footpaths
- Rubbish and Recycling Issues
- Traffic and Parking Issues
- Trees, Grass and Plants
- Website Feedback
- News and Alerts
- Join the Conversation
- Neighbourhood Forums
- Wollongong Living Books
- Activities at our Community Centres
- Aboriginal Culture and Communities
- Children and Families
- Young People
- Older People
- People with Disability
- Support for Carers
- Community Transport
- Multicultural Communities
- Refugee Communities
- LGBTIQ Communities
- Mental Health and Crisis Support
- Low Cost and Free Meals
- Social Enterprises
- Reduce Waste
- Sustainable Food
- Energy and Water